Robinson, J., Dusenberry, L., Hutter, L., Lawrence, L., Frazee, A., and Burnett, R. (forthcoming – Sept 2019). State of the Field: Teaching with Digital Tools in Writing and Communication. Computers and Composition.
Robinson, J. & Lanius, C. (2018). A Geographic and Disciplinary Examination of UX Empirical Research Since 2000, ACM International Conference on the Design of Communication (SIGDOC ’18), 2018 ACM International, 1-8, https://doi.org/10.1145/3233756.3233930
Robinson, J., Lanius, C., and Weber, R. (2017). The Past, Present, and Future of UX Research. Communication Design Quarterly, (5)3.
Butler, J., Cirio, J., Del Hierro, V., Gonzales, L., Robinson, J., and Haas, A. (2017). Caring for the Future: Initiatives for Further Inclusion in Computers and Writing. Kairos: A Journal of Rhetoric, Technology, and Pedagogy, 22(1).
Robinson, J., Dusenberry. L., Lawrence, H., and Hutter., L., (2016) Collaborative Strategies for Distributed Teams: Innovation through Interlaced Collaborative Writing. Professional Communication Conference (IPCC), 2016 IEEE International, 1-9. 10.1109/IPCC.2016.7740489.
Robinson, J. (2016). Look Before You Lead: Seeing Virtual Teams Through the Lens of Games, TechnicalCommunication Quarterly Special Issue, 25(3), 178-190. 10.1080/10572252.2016.118515.
Dusenberry, L., Hutter, L., and Robinson, J. (2015). Filter. Remix. Make: Cultivating Adaptability Through Multimodality. Journal of Technical Writing and Communication, 45(3), 299-322.
Manuscripts Under Review
- Cooke, L., Robinson, J. and Dusenberry, L. (2018). Gaming Design Thinking: Wicked Problems, Sufficient Solutions, and the Possibility Space of Games, Technical Communication Quarterly. Manuscript accepted – in the 2nd round of revisions.
- Robinson, J. & Lawrence, H. (2018). Don’t be an A$$: Examining Rude Language Behaviors in Games, Communication Design Quarterly. Initial submission for publication.
- Robinson, J., Lanius, C., and Weber, R. (2019). Methods in the Chaos of UX. Manuscript proposal accepted to JTWC special edition 2020.
- Robinson, J. (2019). State of the field: From Pencils To Pixels, Understanding Digital Pedagogy In an Information Age.
- Robinson, J. & Dusenberry, L. (2019). Managing The Team Not The Project: Using A Training Intervention To Increase Psychological Safety.
- Dusenberry, L., Cooke, L., and Robinson, J. (2019). Coding Design Thinking. Manuscript in preparation; planned completion Mar/19.
- Robinson, J., Lanius, C., and Terry, A. (2019). Social Media Addiction: Anger, Worthlessness, Isolation, and Judgment In College Students.
- Keynote speaker: Robinson, J. (June 2019). Researching Collaboratively: Teachers, Teams, and Technology, Computers & Writing 2019, East Lansing, MI.
- Invited speaker: Robinson, J. (April 2019). The Digital Pedagogy of Writing and Communication Teachers, @Iowa State, Ames, IA.
- Gonzales, Laura (PI), Robinson, J. and Ann Shivers-McNair (coPIs) (2019). Building a Collaborative Network to Support Women of Color in User-Experience and Technology Design ($20,000 awarded).
- Robinson, J. (PI), (2018) UAH CAHSS Online/Hybrid Programming Initiative Grant. Creation of a 16-week EH661 course for fall 2019. 1/2019-12/2019, ($1000 awarded).
or checkout the list of publications at Google Scholar.